What do pet and cat sitters do?
Caring pet owners know that most pets adjust better to their owner's absence and experience less anxiety and stress when they can remain their home environments. Bon Voyage Pet sitters in San Francisco CA make this possible with daily visits to your San Francisco home. In addition to meals, exercise, playtime and cleaning litter boxes or cages, our professional pet sitters may also administer medications, walk dogs and perform other pet-care duties. That's why in-home pet care is the choice of pet owners and the "pet-preferred" method of vacation and travel care.
We also provide vital home-care services while you are away, including mail or newspaper pick up, plant care and watering, placing trash outside for pickup or rotating the lights and opening or closing the blinds to make your house look lived in. A professional pet sitter provides peace of mind for everyone.
What are the advantages for my pet?
- Reduced Stress. Your pet stays in its own familiar secure environment where all the sights, smells and sounds say "Home!"
- Diet and Exercise. Customary diet and exercise routines are followed, with no interruption to upset your pet.
- No "Travel Trauma". Travel in a vehicle to boarding facility or kennel may upset your pet.
- Health Concerns. With a pet sitter, there is minimal exposure to illness of other animals.
- T L C. Most importantly, your pet receives love and personal attention while you are away.
What are the advantages for me?
- Travel. You won't be inconvenienced or upset by transporting your pet outside of San Francisco.
- No Imposition. You don't have to impose on a friend, neighbor or relative to care for your pet, but instead rely on a pet care professional who will put you pet's needs first.
- Security. Your San Francisco home is made more secure by the crime deterrent services provided by most pet-sitting services.
- Peace of Mind. While you're away, you can feel confident your pet is in capable, caring hands.
- Special Services. Pet sitters can provide additional home services while caring for your pet, such as watering plants and bringing in the mail.
How do I prepare my home and pets for a pet sitting service?
Preparation can make a big difference in how smoothly things go for your pet when the pet sitter comes to visit.
Here are some tips:
- Make sure the pet sitter has a phone number where you can be reached.
- If inside services are requested, provide the cat sitter with a house key in addition to garage door openers.
- If you have new keys made, try them out to make sure they work.
- Clean food and water dishes before leaving town.
- Provide extra food, litter and other supplies just in case you're not able to return when planned.
- Clean out the refrigerator to avoid smelly food spoilage and wash the dishes in the sink to prevent ants, flies or other pests.
- Adjust the thermostat to keep the house comfortable for the pet during your absence. In warm weather, a closed-up house can get dangerously hot in a short time.
- Leave a list of phone numbers in case the pet sitter needs to contact service or maintenance companies while you are away; i.e., plumber, electrician, cleaning service, yard maintenance, pool service, etc.
- Tell the pet sitter of any household areas that are off-limits to your pets or to the pet sitter. Secure access to those areas before leaving home.
What can I do to help my cat or pet sitter take the best care of my pets?
You can help your pet sitter be a better friend to your pet by helping to make sure there are no problems while you are away. Planning and preparation in the following areas will smooth the way:
- Tell the cat sitter about all health problems your pet may have- major or minor.
- Provide written verification that your pet is up to date on its vaccinations.
- Make a list of your pet's favorite hiding places. This will prevent the pet sitter from worrying if your pet is not where expected-the sitter will know where to look.
- Provide your own preferred method of flea control, even if your pets are currently flea free. Fleas multiply rapidly and can become a problem very quickly.
The Get Acquainted Meeting
We provide a get acquainted meeting before you make your reservation. Our meeting will require approximately a ½ hour of your time. The purpose of the visit is to meet you and your pets, and go over our services and your Pet and Home profiles. We will also pick up your keys and collect payment for your reservation. During this meeting, we'll have the opportunity to interact with your pets and familiarize ourselves with your home and pet routine. Likewise, it gives you time to feel comfortable with us caring for your pets and home while you are away. If it's deemed necessary, one or two trial visits may be scheduled for "special needs" pets.
In order to spend more time with your fur-babies, and less time in our San Francisco office with your paper work, our policy is that we don't invoice. Payment in full is required at the time of our first consultation meeting and for all holiday bookings to secure your place on our calendar. Other than holiday reservations, payment for future service may be left in a pre-arranged place, usually the kitchen counter. We prefer not to receive cash for security purposes; however, you may do so if you choose.